Content of research
The main purpose of this department is to newly construct function harmonized nano-materials and nano-devices based on novel nano-scale physical mechanism. By using typical “Bottom-up Nanotechnology” of thin film growth technique, we combine exotic materials (ferroelectric/ferromagnetic/semiconductive oxides, two dimensional atomic layer materials (transition metal dichalcogenide) ) at atomic/molecular level to new functional nanomaterials. We construct spatially and dimensionally controlled nanodevices toward new functional electronics application.
Current Research Programs
- 1. Construction of novel functional nano-materials based on artificial lattice and heterostructures under controlled the atomic/molecular level
- 2. Development of 3 dimensional nano-fabrication technique for exotic functional materials by fusion of Bottom-up and Top-down Nanotechnologies
- 3. Control of nano-scale interfacial structures composed of exotic functional materials and evaluation of their physical properties
- 4. Functional oxide electronics, Spintorncis, energy saving / harvesitng devices .bio-mimetic functional devices.
- 5. Construction of novel functional oxides/2D materials heterostructures for device applications
Figure / Graph
(a)Nanoscale oxide Nano/spinelectroncis (b) Nanowire field effect transistor with side gates, (c) Hetero-nanowire, (d) Oxide/TMDC Heterostructure