Content of research
The final goal of our study is the creation of the new functional material via electronic excitation in solids that cannot be achieved by means of the conventional thermal and chemical processes. For this purpose, we elucidate the fundamentals of underlying physics concerning the excitation-induced processes. In particular, elemental processes of the many-body interactions following the electronic excitation, and the ultrafast dynamics in femtosecond time regime of the excited carriers are investigated by means of several spectroscopic and microscopic methods.
Current Research Programs
- 1. Ultrafast carrier dynamics,
- 2. Excitation-induced structural changes and desorption,
- 3. Elemental processes of the many-body electron interaction,
- 4. Phonon dynamics and electron-phonon interaction,
- in solids and on solid surfaces by using the cutting-edge electron spectroscopy and microscopy.
Figure / Graph