Specially Appointed Prof.
Specially Appointed Assis. Prof.
Content of research
The industrial application of quantum beam will rapidly expand in the field such as high-volume production of semiconductor devices. Cancer therapy using ionizing radiation has also attracted much attention. In Department of Beam Materials Science, the radiation-induced chemical reaction and reaction field have been investigated using state-of-the-art quantum beam (electron, extreme ultraviolet radiation, laser, synchrotron radiation, X-ray, g-ray, ion beam). We have studied the chemical reaction system from the energy deposition on materials to the expression of material function. On the basis of these studies, we have designed a noble chemical reaction system. Investigation of radiation-induced fast reactions of materials at extreme conditions (high temperature / pressure conditions up to supercritical regime) is also ongoing.
Current Research Programs
- 1. Challenge toward nano chemistry in high-volume production of semiconductor devices.
- 2. Radiation chemistry in the energy range of extreme ultraviolet.
- 3. Design of next generation resist materials – electron, hole, and energy transfer in condensed matter.
- 4. Study of radiation-induced reaction of organic and bio-materials using pulse radiolysis.
- 5. Mechanism of genetic damage caused by ionizing-radiation
- 6. Study on Nano-materials using quantum beam.
- 7. Radiation chemistry study on high temperature/ pressure and supercritical solutions.
Figure / Graph