Content of research
The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research (ISIR) Library started as one of the branches of the Osaka University Library when ISIR was founded in 1939. The library absorbed the Acoustic Institute Library in 1951 and was named “The ISIR Branch Library” in 1955. After the ISIR moved to the new campus in Suita City, the Suita Branch Library, which constituted of the ISIR Branch Library and the Faculty of Engineering Branch Library, opened in 1970. Thereafter the Osaka University Library System was reorganized in 1992 and the ISIR Branch Library furthermore changed the style to “The ISIR Library”.
The ISIR Library houses technical books and journals. Most materials are on open shelves directly available to faculty and students. In addition, there are study carrels, tables and comfortable chairs. At the present time, the library is on the second floor of the administration building.
We offer the following services; orders for books, survey and inquiry of literature, Interlibrary Loan services, photocopy request and so on.
* Open daily (9:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.) except Winter holidays.